Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Boone is a place to work and live... but dying?

Not that we are obsessed with dying (although the Ya Yas would say that I have been worried about this for a long time anyway) but have you ever considered that the place you live may not be the place to die? Boone has provided us with the best work possible (at Appalachian State University) , in the finest company one could wish for (shout out to all of my LAP, General Studies, Enrollment Management, and College Access Program buddies), but for the life of me, I can't figure out where we should end up.   And I mean this in the most complete sense.  It is not only that we need to choose where we want to grow old but where we will put our ashes or bodies or whatever is left.  These are the tough questions.  We don't have a church in Boone - not because we wouldn't be welcomed but because we have chosen not to join one.  We joined the University and kept our church memberships "at home" - Peter in Afers, Italy and me in Wilson, NC.  But... I want to be with Peter and as much as I love Afers, "those aren't my people" and the same goes for Peter with Wilson.  So how do we figure this out?  Any comments are welcome on this subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment